Thursday, February 12, 2015

28 Day Bubblegum Crisis Challenge, Day 9: Least Favorite Villain

So I know that today is the 12th, but I've had major connectivity issues. The wifi around my apartment complex is shoddy, at best, but for the past few days, it's been completely gone. However, I do have all of my challenges up through today done, so don't think I've been slacking!

Anyway, onto today's challenge, which, I'm sad to say - or happy? - is going to be a rather short entry.

The penultimate episode of "Bubblegum Crisis," called "Double Vision," brings us to my least favorite villain. The big, blond Texan McLaren is a pretty obvious American stereotype, and Spoiler Alert, he gets arrested at the end of the episode for prostitution and violation of weapon manufacturing policies. He's not the real villain here, of course, since that role goes to Genom's Quincy, but he's such a buffoon that he's a little hard to take seriously as anything other than a hard-partying cowboy.

Then again, my country did elect one of those as president for two consecutive terms, so whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...