Tuesday, February 17, 2015

28 Day Bubblegum Crisis Challenge, Day 17: Favorite Songs Off the Soundtrack

Eeee! These are always some of my favorite challenge days, because YouTube! Reliving the moments! Singing along (when applicable)! Despite the 80s-ness of Bubblegum Crisis music, it was infinitely more awesome than Tokyo 2040's attempts. Not that I didn't enjoy the trance, underground techno metal - seriously, I'm running out of adjectives here to describe it - because I did; hell, I still own one of the soundtracks and listen to it regularly. But there's a reason that the first video below is the ringtone on my phone and not one of Opus 4s tracks.

"Konya Wa Hurricane"
From "Tinsel City"

I have posted this video God knows how many times on my Facebook page because I love it so ridiculously much. Three gets frustrated whenever my phone rings because he's about over this song, but whatever. It's my phone, punk, and I'll do what I want.

"Kudake Baratta Hakanai Yume"
From "Moonlight Rambler"

Okay, this one reminds me a lot of the sad music from Top Gun, when Goose dies, and well, this instrumental is from when Priss has to kill Sylvie. Also, some of the chords remind me of "Almost Paradise" from Footloose and the Celine Dion song, "The Power of Love."

"Mad Machine"
From "Born to Kill"

This is a close second favorite. It's just so bouncy and is one of the best songs to lift weights to. Try it!

"Say Yes"
From "Double Vision"

Like I said back on Day 11, Reika Chang/Vision was supposed to replace Priss, so a lot of this opening reminded me of the first episode, where Priss was singing over the action sequence. While I like Vision's singing voice, I have to say that I prefer Oomori's (the voice actor for Priss). It's just edgier. (Also, I find it hilarious that, in the episode, they have Galveston spelled as "Galbeston.")

And that's that! Quite a few less than normal, but then again, this series was only eight episodes long. I encourage you to check out the entire music library, though; Bubblegum Crisis was, if nothing else, a great place to hear kickass 80s music from Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...