Saturday, February 21, 2015

28 Day Bubblegum Crisis Challenge, Day 21: Favorite Fan Art

And now for the non-professionals! Honestly, I would love to have a lot of these on my wall at home.

I kind of want to print this out and paint it with watercolors. The line work is just exquisite.

Via Call Me Po's DeviantArt
While the quality isn't as good here as it is in the others, I like the use of the style of 80s pop artist, Patrick Nagel. Plus, it's Sylia, who is awesome.
Via WBD's DeviantArt
This is probably my absolute favorite that I've seen so far. The artist really captures Priss' sort of "fuck you" attitude.
Via The CHAMBA's DeviantArt
Becky Cloonan is one of my favorite comic artists (and writers!) out there, and her take on Priss is pretty exceptional, too, focusing on her music career instead of her Knight Saber one. God, I just love-love-love this one.
Via Becky Cloonan's DeviantArt
While this is not technically fan art - it's done by Adam Warren, who drew the Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal comic - it wasn't ever included in any of the official artwork, so I'm including it here! Also, I've been giving Priss a lot of the love so far, and Warren manages to give Linna some personality.
Via Adam Warren's DeviantArt
Even though this is for the reboot, I absolutely adore everything about it, from the angles to the colors. I highly encourage you to click over to the page and look at it in high res.
Via Duke of Death
Damn, I need to get on this and do some fan art of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...