Monday, November 23, 2015

30 Day Reboot Challenge, Day 21: Something That Didn't Happen I Wish Did

Now, this is my personal bias talking here, but I wish that we'd gotten a better look at Mouse's past. I can only imagine what kind of sprites and programs with which she has history, and my fan fiction that I wrote as a teenager dealt with just that. Don't worry; I'm not going to force you guys to read my awful fan fic from, God, fifteen years ago (OMG FIFTEEN YEARS AGO), and I won't even summarize because I'm not a sadist. You guys haven't done anything to me to deserve that.

Via Inwap
Anyway, I just feel that Mouse was an underused character: completely badass with a ton of potential to be even more multidimensional than she already was. Plus, it could have been a nice introduction to the world that Matrix and AndrAIa would be joining by the fifth episode of the third season. The first two seasons were pretty insular, even with episodes like  "World Web Wars" and "Trust No One," and to bring in just one character who has ties to Mouse prior to Bob leaving Mainframe would have been awesome. Kind of like how in "The Episode with No Name," Daemon is mentioned, setting up the fourth season but also baiting you into seeing how that plays out. I guess the web creature did that very thing, but meh, I wanted to see more of Mouse, quite frankly.

I'm so tough to please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...