Sunday, June 24, 2018

Updaterino!

I HAVE RETURNED.

Well, kinda. I'm still in Nashville, and honestly, I'm still fucking exhausted. The parents and I drove to South Carolina overnight, got there and loaded what was not absolutely ruined (and what I wanted) into the back of my dad's truck, and then drove straight back to Nashville, so ... that's what, sixteen hours of driving? My dad did the majority of the driving, and I took little catnaps throughout the whole thing, which was actually pretty difficult because - and did you know this - the backseat of trucks aren't the most comfortable places to sleep.

But I am okay. The house was absolutely disgusting and smelled terrible (and looked worse) and the majority of what I ended up taking was, as I suspected, up in the attic, which was apparently inhabited by mice? But whatever. My comic book collection and telescope are in better condition than I thought they'd be, and I found a pair of shoes I'd forgotten about! The washer and dryer supposedly still work, so when the roommate and I are looking for apartments, we'll be able to include w/d connections as a perk!

Again, though, I am okay. I cried a bit when I went to the backyard, and I was obviously overwhelmed when we first drove up. I think I muttered "I hate this place" about fifty times, but by the end of it, I was able to see the beauty of the state. I still loathe South Carolina - except you, Sullivan's Island, I will always love you - and I don't think that will change. After all, my dad still hates Charleston because of his ex-wife, and they've been divorced for over thirty-five years. Three never showed up, and I didn't see any of the cats, which actually hurt me more than anything. Sigh.

I'm going to take a nap and then head back to Louisville. I may put up another post about what happened, but ... I don't know if I'm ready for that yet? Either way, I am okay. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...