Tuesday, November 10, 2015

30 Day Reboot Challenge, Day 8: Favorite Non-Sprite Character

For the non-initiates, a sprite is a character in Reboot that isn't a binome. Binomes are either 1s or 0s, because, remember, this is a show made by computer dorks for other computer dorks. And kids.
Binome Family
Via Reboot Wiki
Binome One
Via The Java Hut
Binome Zero*
Via Reboot Wiki
So now that I have that out of the way ...


It's impossible to make this just a single character because of who I'm choosing here, and you're about to see why:
Fax Modem and Data Nully
Via Reboot Wiki
Back in school, I was one of the weird kids who wasn't really into The X-Files. I just wasn't interested in it; Unsolved Mysteries made me terrified of anything spooky or creepy, and even if The X-Files was fictional, there was a part of me that was perpetually Mulder. IT. COULD. HAPPEN. It wasn't until I saw the Reboot episode, "Trust No One," that I hopped on the bandwagon. (And I am so happy that Netflix has the entire series available. Dammit, Netflix, don't you force me to buy the whole thing on DVD like you did with Battlestar Galactica. I will go apeshit on you.) Gillian Anderson actually voiced the Data Nully character, and damn, did she and the Reboot team nail The X-Files feel. Plus, the characters designs were on point.

What's nice is they appear later in the series, and I won't spoil it for you, but it's hilarious.


BACK TO CHALLENGE

* This character is Jean-Luc (you can click on the link to the Reboot wiki under the image to go check it out) and is a hilarious throwback to Star Trek: The Next Generation, which pleases the sci-fi nerd in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...