Sunday, November 1, 2015

30 Day Reboot Challenge, Day 1: How I Was Introduced to Reboot

Well, this is easy: Toonami!
Via Toonami Arsenal
Ahhh, back when I actually enjoyed Toonami. Now, I was thrilled when Cartoon Network brought it back, and I probably fangirled a little more than I should have. But hey! Reboot! Dragonball Z! Gundam Wing! Cowboy Bebop! Ronin Warriors! The Big O! Sailor Moon! And it turned out that they picked different shows, which is fine, but ugh. I tried watching the whole lineup earlier this year and was underwhelmed. One Piece irritates the shit out of me, Attack on Titan does nothing for me - even if it does get rave reviews - Dragonball Z Kai is, like, basically the original series, right? Really, the only show that actually got my interest was Space Dandy, and it figures that it isn't on there any longer. Such is my life.

But anyway, I started watching Toonami for Sailor Moon and just happened to get hooked on Reboot. I was more disappointed if I missed an episode of Reboot than I was with any other show on Toonami, until Cowboy Bebop came around and wooed me with its tunes by Yoko Kanno and its excellent voice actors and its amazing storytelling. Basically, what I'm saying is, Reboot was one of the entry points into my identity as a nerd, and hey, Gillian Anderson is on our team, so your point is invalid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...