Saturday, November 14, 2015

30 Day Reboot Challenge, Day 14: Favorite Season Three Episode

Season Three had some of the best episodes of the whole Reboot series, and I'll stand by that statement until the day I die. I know things get dark, and normally, I'd be all "ugh, quit it with the gritty," but damn. If there's one season that I can watch over and over again, it's this one. There are great homages to all sorts of genres, but they tend to focus on sci-fi ones because ... well, this is technically a sci-fi show.

But anyway, my absolute favorite episode of the season - and actually, of the whole series - is "The Episode with No Name." Why? Because it's awesome. AndrAIa kills an infected Guardian with airborne, poison-tipped fingernails! Enzo, now going by Matrix, has Glitch go into Death Blossom Mode! Turbo, a Guardian from last season's "Trust No One," is fighting the same infection that has taken the Guardians (setting up Daemon for next season) and seems to be doing a pretty decent job! Pop culture references abound (Ringworld by Larry Niven, Star Wars, and spaghetti westerns, just to name a few)!
Via Gif Soup
Above is proof of AndrAIa's badassness.

Ahem. Basically, there's nothing about this episode that isn't superb: dialogue, plot, etc. It's what got me excited for a subsequent season. Sure, we needed to get back to Mainframe, hopefully after finding Bob, but seeing the world expand bit by bit was promising. Ultimately, we got Season Four, which ... well, you know how I feel about that.

Now, even though "The Episode with No Name" was clearly going to win this competition, I feel it's necessary to mention close seconds: "Where No Sprite Has Gone Before" was such a great episode, obviously inspired heavily by the original Star Trek series, and "Web Riders on the Storm" has us reunite with Bob in quite possibly the coolest way possible. "Mousetrap," obviously referencing the kickass Mouse, gets us back to Mainframe and features Bob's awesome new powers, and "Icons" brings us up to speed with Matrix and AndrAIa, showing us how much they'd changed (and not just physically). I highly recommend watching literally any of these. ANY. OF. THEM.

Because that's totally what I'm about to do. Hey, I've completed my NaNo word count for the day, so I can do as I please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...