Sunday, February 12, 2012

And now for something completely different ...

The past few posts have been kind of ... heavy, in terms of topics, and for that I apologize. It's been a tumultuous past few months, and be thankful you haven't been privy to the themes of my diary during this time. So today I'm going to try a happy post.



Anyway, for those of you not in the know, I've started a soap business called Juju's Magickal Soaps (subject to change, of course), and in efforts to get myself motivated and partly due to the prodding of the husband, I set up a Facebook page that I've been trying to keep updated as often as possible. Eventually I'll get around to building up a website, but for right now, I think I'm going to stick with email ordering and word-of-mouth advertising until I get enough customers and sales that I can afford an actual webhost. I looked up Etsy pricing, and it seems a little steep, but who knows? Anyone have any other ideas? I am more than open to taking suggestions, since this is my first ever business.

Also, to try and keep my soap-whoring at a minimum on here, I've also set up a blog, where you can find updates about my products as well as other topics that are related. Which could mean really anything, when you think about it, but I'll try to stay on task. I'm incredibly excited about this whole venture, though, and think that it can go somewhere. Three has scouted out several places in town that are readily willing to consign my stuff, and we have about ten people right now who are confirmed customers. One even has let me know that she'll be coming back as soon as she runs out! Now, a lot of this is happy thoughts right now, but hey, I'm trying to be positive here.

Alright, now back to watching Three play the hell out of Halo: Reach multiplayer. (He's actually getting really good, and I'm a little jealous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...