Sunday, January 25, 2015

28 Day Bubblegum Crisis Challenge

What's one more challenge, right? So far, I've done Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, and Mass Effect, and I cannot tell you how much inspiration has come from reevaluating exactly what I loved and hated about each of them. February is usually a pretty slow month, especially considering the holiday season preceding it ... unless you count Valentine's Day, which I don't. I was originally going to go with something American but decided that, you know what? I wanna do a challenge based on one of my favorite anime series of all time: Bubblegum Crisis.

For those of you unfamiliar with the title, Bubblegum Crisis was a short anime series released from 1987 through 1991 and was heavily inspired by Blade Runner: a futuristic Tokyo, in the later stages of recovery from an earthquake, is controlled by a megalomaniacal super-corporation known as Genom, who produce boomers, robots that were utilized to rebuild Tokyo. Some of these boomers are rebelling, and the Knight Sabers - the four main characters of the series - fight them vigilante style, placing them at odds with Genom and the AD Police, the force that was created specifically to combat the boomer threat. I've watched every episode so many times I've lost count, more times than I have watched any Buffy episodes. Wow, I just started to process this, and it made me a little sad that I've spent so much of my life in front of a TV screen. I guess there are worse things?

Anyway, here's what's coming at your face in February!

Day 1: How I Was Introduced to Bubblegum Crisis
Day 2: Best Episode
Day 3: Worst Episode
Day 4: Favorite Episode
Day 5: Least Favorite Episode
Day 6: Favorite Main Character
Day 7: Least Favorite Main Character
Day 8: Favorite Villain
Day 9: Least Favorite Villain
Day 10: Favorite Secondary or One-Shot Character
Day 11: Least Favorite Secondary or One-Shot Character
Day 12: Comparison to the Remake, Bubblegum Crisis: 2040
Day 13: Favorite Boomer
Day 14: Which Episode(s) Would Be the Best to Adapt into a Movie?
Day 15: Favorite Fight Scene
Day 16: Favorite Reference to Blade Runner
Day 17: Favorite Songs Off the Soundtrack
Day 18: Saddest Moment
Day 19: Happiest Moment
Day 20: Favorite Promotional Art
Day 21: Favorite Fan Art
Day 22: Something That Happened I Wish Didn't
Day 23: Something That Didn't Happen I Wish Did
Day 24: Dubbed or Subbed?
Day 25: Homosexuality's Portrayal in the Series?
Day 26: What Did I Think of Bubblegum Crash?
Day 27: What I Would Like to See Next
Day 28: Relevance to Today's World?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...