Thursday, March 7, 2013

OMG INTERNET SO HAPPY

I didn't really realize how much I loved the internet until I didn't have it for a week. I kind of forgot that it existed, mainly because I've been sick like a dog and barely able to walk around without getting exhausted, except when I was like, "Oh, I wonder what kind of shoes Sonny Crockett wears in this episode. They look comfy." Then it was almost as if all of the schooling I've had didn't matter because I didn't have access to the Knower of All Things Knowable.

Then I remembered that I had an iPhone, but seriously, it's a pain in the ass to type anything out on that little virtual keyboard. I did eventually end up on a Miami Vice wiki-spiral, though, that lasted well into the night.

When I got onto my computer this afternoon and saw the little bars at the bottom of my screen, I felt this sweeping sense of relief flow over me. I now had my connection back into the world. It was actually a little sad to think that I'd not realized the hold this modern thing had on me. It's how I get my news, keep in touch with my family and friends, write ... I mean, it permeates nearly every aspect of my life. And that's actually not so much sad as it is terrifying.

I, for one, welcome our digital overlords, just as long as I can stream old 80s TV shows whenever I want. Now, I have to tear myself away from my wonderful internet and actually continue unpacking. Did anyone ever tell you that moving sucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...