Sunday, August 5, 2012

Meet Durga!!

I've been needing a new computer for a while now, and yay!!! Thanks to the tax free weekend, I was able to procure a beautiful ASUS specimen that I have named Durga. I name everything, yes. I think I've mentioned this before, but anyway. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to recover anything from Pfiona, save for nearly $600 worth of "extracting" or whatever the computer fixer dude said. I'm sorry, but I just dropped that much for a brand new computer; there's no way in hell that I'm spending that much for just three damned files. And it's not like I can't create everything again from scratch, but damn, this is really frustrating.

But there is also a certain thrill from working off something new, too. I absolutely love that Durga came with none of the Microsoft Office software on it, which is partially why it was so cheap. I was already planning on using hard copies and Google Docs, so it all kind of worked out, in a way.

Anyway, this is a short post because 1) my brain is fried from this past week; 2) I am sleepy; 3) I have some reading to do (Tibetan Book of the Dead, hoooooo!); and 4) I am having a hard enough time coming up with reasons why it can't be longer.

And with that, I bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...