Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I need a vacation.

Blech. That is how I feel today. Ever since I wrote that road trip post, I have been aching to just get away. Anywhere. I don't even give two shits - hell, even one shit is more than I would give - where that is. Just ... not here?

I get this way every ... well, fairly often. It amazes me that I stayed put in Nashville for so long. I've made up for it in how many times I have moved across the city, though. Duplexes, houses, apartments, hotels, motels, cars, etc. If there's a place to stay in this city, I've been there. It's partially how I know nearly every nook and cranny. When Three and I first got together, I impressed him with my detailed descriptions of local hangouts, parks, what-have-you; he had lived here for almost two years and knew two places (home and work) and how to get from one to the other. Oh, and also Kroger. He loves shopping for food.

But I digress.

Vacation. Being in Nashville for too long. Where was I going with this? Ahhh, I remember now (I sat here for a good five minutes, just staring at my screen. True story.). Work. I think my desire for a vacation is exacerbated by the fact that I'm seeing this little light-end-tunnel thing, and my general attitude of don't give a fuck is not really helping. It's not like I'm not working. I am, even if I am basically counting down the minutes to my last day (37 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes, as of right now, actually). Without the additional 2000 cases, I feel like I'm actually working harder. I want to leave on a good note, but the department seems to be wanting me to want to quit. And I'm not talking about my superiors at the office. This goes up to state level and leaves me with a confused head tilt almost on a daily basis. And also rage. Thank God I won't have to deal with this much longer.

Which leads me to wanting and needing a vacation. Obviously, we won't be going on anything more extravagant than maybe a drive to Biloxi or something (I miss my gulf coast, shut up), but ugghhhhh. It's harder knowing it's so close. Also, I know, first world problems. Tiniest violin. Would I like lactose-free cheese with my whine.
All of these cheeses have lactose, so no temptation here, but damn, if I'm not craving a Gewurztraminer.
I do think I'm going to take about two weeks to just chill, you know? Get some housework done, make some soap, paint a little, go on long walks, get back into cooking. I hate that our gourmet nights are when we go grab two cantina bowls* from Taco Bell or when we have leftovers from my parents' place. You know, I think that will be my vacation: time to be me, alone, without worrying about whether or not Joe Schmoe got his food stamps or if Jane Whatsherface is going to leave me another nasty email, even though she is the one who just flat-out refuses to cooperate with me. Instead, I'll be sitting out by our complex's pool, reading some trashy romance novel (no, not "50 Shades of Grey," which I refuse to acknowledge as anything other than some Twilight fan-fic) or clipping coupons out on our balcony.

I'm already really looking forward to this.

* Although seriously, try these. They are amazing. They are the only reason I will ever go into a Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...